Pagan Values Month: The Witches Pyramid


Hiya everyone,

For those of you who haven't heard yet, Pax has taken the initiative and proposed June '09 as Pagan Values Month. Wonderful, no? Here is a copy of Pax's call to arms . . .

"In June the sun is at it’s height in the Northern Hemisphere and nearly hidden from view in the Southern Hemisphere. Midsummer and Yule, festivals of fire and of light.

Let us then use our hearts and minds and words, invoking the fires of inspiration; let us write of the virtues and ethics and morals and values we have found in our Pagan paths, let us share how we carry these precious things forward in our own lives and out into the world.

Join me, in the month of June 2009 in writing about Pagan values."

Of course, I've jumped at the chance to join in on such a good cause. I hope that some of you out there feel the same, and I'm really looking forward to reading everyones posts.

I've decided that my own post will be based around The Witches Pyramid:

To Know, To Will, To Dare, To Be Silent

Whenever I've read about it anywhere it always seems to be in relation to spellcasting. Although it is a good basis for effective magick, I've always felt it to be a rather empty and shallow take on something that I think could be a very powerful invocation to live by. For Pagan Values Month, I will write four posts (one for each part of the above statement) about how I think these words embody the values that we as Pagans both uphold an strive to enact in our own lives.

Anyways, I hope you'll all pop by during June and check out my posts, and do go have a look at who else is participating, it's bound to make for some interesting reading =D.

(P.S. You like the button above? I made it for Pax and anybody else who is joining in to use - cool huh?!)

5 comments:

mel 25 May 2009 at 16:54  

Cool! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts...

Debra She Who Seeks 25 May 2009 at 19:44  

Thanks for advertising this, Haley. I probably wouldn't have heard of it otherwise. I'll give some thought to what I might write about in June. Your 4-post idea is great and I look forward to seeing what you have to say!

Janice Lynne Lundy 27 May 2009 at 06:25  

This sounds very good, Haley, I will look forward to reading your posts!

I have a thought. I know that I was one of the folks who jumped on the bandwagon to have you make me a special gift. I wonder if that was not a hasty move on my part. I do not want you to have to go to the expense of shipping something to the U.S. Far too pricey! So here is my idea.

As you noted on my new blog post, I LOVE letters. Writing them and receiving them. Instead of a gift, would you be willing to gift me with some of your words and presence on paper? I think that would be a really nice substitute for your artistic creation. After all, a letter is an artistic creation, at least in my book. What do you think?

Blessings to you!

Anonymous 30 May 2009 at 08:08  

Thanks again for the fabulous button! I look forward to your posting on the Witches Pyramid, and to seeing your comments here and there in the blog carnival!

Peace, and Love,
Pax

Yewtree 2 June 2009 at 14:53  

Love the logo, it's fabulous. I look forward to your posts!

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I am a pagan, special needs teaching assistant, BA Hons Drawing graduate, artist, amateur tarot reader, half-welsh, big sister, eldest daughter, lover, volunteer, bookworm, intense dreamer, nature and animal lover, over-protective friend, ex-barmaid, fledgling activist and general eccentric. Nice to meet you =D.

Please sponsor me in raising money for War Child!

Followers

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.