I have been tagged! - 7 facts about myself

The wonderful and wise Jan from awake is good has been tagged, and in turn, has tagged me! Although I think these things can be quite cheesy, I do actually like to read what people put when they get tagged, I only hope that this will be as interesting to you as it is to me when I read other peoples.

Here are the rules if I tag you!

1. Link to your original tagger and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.

Better get on with it then :)

1. When I read a book non-stop for a long session, afterwards I start to think and speak in the same style the book was written.
No joke. I start referring to myself in third-person, use descritptive and emotive language in my head, and use phrases and laguage that the book characters and author have used. Imagine what my internal voice sounds like when I've been reading Shakespeare! This always happens, and is humourous and annoying at the same time.

2. The tarot card Strength is very important to me, and is what I'd call my 'signature' card.
A long long time ago, when we were about 13, a friend and I did a tarot session where we asked which card was spiritually linked to us, 'our' card. She pulled out The Lovers - which is totally apt for her - and I pulled out Strength (if my friend ever reads this I wonder if she remembers?!). Since then Strength has appeared many times in my life and carries with it my most important lessons. When I was in the military hospital, I received a small silver amulet with an angel (which looks suspiciously like the maiden in the card) carved on one side, and the word Strength on the other, from someone I barely even knew. I have had some powerful dreams concerning this card too. The meanings of this card have a lot of significance for me. I also plan on getting a tattoo of this card, with a tiger substituted for the lion (the Tiger is my animal totem). I could write an awful lot more but I'll spare you the boredom, lol.

3. I've always secretly wanted to be a performer.
I can't sing. I can't dance. I can't play an instrument. This isn't me fishing for pity/flattery, tis true - my 'talents' lie more in the visual field. But dammit, I have so often dreamed of inspiring people through music and words. There is nothing quite like when a rhythme pulses through your body and song lyrics that touch you so much that it feels like they were torn from your own heart. Due to a real lack of talent and confidence in this department, I know I could never really do it, but that doesn't mean I can't daydream! I have been told I'm good at writing lyrics and words, although I question the truth and sincerity of such comments!

4. I love storms.
Like, seriously. Thunderstorms just send my soul soaring. When I'm running through torential rain and the thunder rumbles so loudly it feels like the world is exploding and cracking my ribcage open it's such an adrenaline rush. All that awesome power, it humbles you.

5. My dreams are what link me to the divine.
A lot of people often say how they have psychic gifts. I am not one of those people. I can't read/see auras, feel my chakras, cast a circle, have clairvoyence/sentience/audience, raise energy etc. It's enough to make me think that there's nothing beyond the physical at all! But I do have my dreams. They're very vivid, and I have had one precognitive dream. They feed me spiritually and emotionally, so beyond my control yet such an integral part of my being it really makes me feel as if there is something bigger out there, but more importantly within me too. It's my dreams that lead me to my animal totems, my deities, revelations and inspirations. Even though I can't even cast simple spells or feel energy, I can go to sleep knowing that whatever I dream that night is my connection to the divine.

6. I would love to be a part-time tattoo artist.
Now, unlike the performer thing, the tattoo artist dream is more achieveable for me. I just love them. Although I don't have any myself at the moment, which is because I can be a total perfectionist/control freak and have issues with finding someone I trust enough to put something on my skin that we be there for life! Giving people a tattoo of something that is so meaningful to them that they want it under their skin sounds awesome, and imagine all the great people you get to meet and all the stories behind the tattoo you'd hear. Also, they just look cool ;).

7. I was named after a comet.
Halley's comet to be precise (hence my name Haley, lol). I was born the year and about the time it passed over the earth. Being named after a comet is cool. But I now have the theory in my head that since I was born the year it passed overhead, I will die the next time it appears! So I'm writing my will ready for when I reach 76, lol.

Hope that wasn't too agonising!

So here are my tags, and no hard feelings if you are not in this, or have been tagged too many times in the past to want to participate. I tried to pick bloggers I am intrigued by and that I hadn’t seen tagged for something like this recently, but I might have missed it if you were…(This is not an original paragraph. I borrowed it from Lisa/Jen.)

Debra @ She Who Seeks
Medusa @ Gorgon Resurfaces
DarklyFey @ Live from the Red Leather Couch
Celestite @ stumbling upon the path of the goddess
Sue @ The Creative Spirit
Suzi @ Spirit Whispers
Laurel @ Happiness is . . .

Thanks so much for the tag Jen, it was a lot of fun doing this! I'd have tagged you if you hadn't got to me first, lmao.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks 9 April 2009 at 15:00  

Thanks for the tag, Haley! I'll post my 7 facts later next week. Speaking of Halley's Comet, did you know that Mark Twain was born in 1835 when it appeared and died in 1910 when it came around again? He had the same kind of premonition as you about his connection to the comet.

Haley @ Iridescent Dark 9 April 2009 at 15:24  

No way! Lmao, I knew there was some truth to it!

Sidhe Says 11 April 2009 at 08:10  
This comment has been removed by the author.
laurel 14 April 2009 at 05:09  

Hi Haley. I got your tag and hope to get it posted this weekend. Happy blogging!

José Carrilho (Go Detail) 9 May 2009 at 09:37  

Hi,

Concerning point 7, I suppose you weren't born in the year the first time it was spotted :-)

Have a fine weekend,

José

Haley @ Iridescent Dark 9 May 2009 at 14:03  

Lol, no I wasn't ;). Still, wouldn't that be awesome?! (Or weird, whichever!)

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I am a pagan, special needs teaching assistant, BA Hons Drawing graduate, artist, amateur tarot reader, half-welsh, big sister, eldest daughter, lover, volunteer, bookworm, intense dreamer, nature and animal lover, over-protective friend, ex-barmaid, fledgling activist and general eccentric. Nice to meet you =D.

Please sponsor me in raising money for War Child!

Followers

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.