Revamp and update!

Hiya all,

I had to change this page, just looking at it depressed me. Really put me off! So voila, a new layout. Hope you all like it, I had a lot of fun manipulating my photo to make it look funky. I do also realise that the lettering is hard to read - it is intentional believe it or not! If anyone out there wants me to make something like that for them, do say, because I really enjoyed making my own new banner.

I also said that I would post pictures of what I'm doing in ceramics at the moment, so here it is.


As you can see it is still very rough. I didn't realise how many stages there are to making a simple vase. So far I have finished making the general shape. Tomorrow, I get the chance to scrape it smooth, and then carve a design into it if I wish (which I do ;)). I don't know exactly what I'll do with it yet, but I'll mull it over tonight and tomorrow. I was thinking perhaps of some celtic knotwork designs, because I'd like to put this vase on my altar when it's finally finished, as my first ceramic offering! I'll let you all know how tomorrow goes afterwards.

Also art related, I set up a deviantART account last week to put all my previous artwork on, so if you're interested and want to have a nosey, click here or go to the link on the right of the page.

I plan on having a proper update soon, I've just been so busy! It's annual review time at my school, so I'm writing many reports presently. Just want to let you all know I haven't disappeared, and I'm keeping up to date with all your blogs. See you all soon!

4 comments:

Celestite 2 March 2009 at 16:02  

I like the new look! And the ceramics looks interesting....I hope you can post every step.

Debra She Who Seeks 2 March 2009 at 17:07  

Hi Haley, I'm glad we've found each other's blogs. I look forward to reading more and seeing your pottery progress. Bright blessings to you!

Hibiscus Moon 2 March 2009 at 18:50  

Great new banner. I love that beat-up old film look.

Edain 3 March 2009 at 08:32  

I like the revamp and would love to do some pottery too.

BTW, I have nominated you for an award, please go to my blog to check it out! :)

http://englishpaganincanada.blogspot.com/

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I am a pagan, special needs teaching assistant, BA Hons Drawing graduate, artist, amateur tarot reader, half-welsh, big sister, eldest daughter, lover, volunteer, bookworm, intense dreamer, nature and animal lover, over-protective friend, ex-barmaid, fledgling activist and general eccentric. Nice to meet you =D.

Please sponsor me in raising money for War Child!

Followers

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.