IMT and ceramics update

Since my failure at the Creative Everyday 09 stuff, I found Inspire Me Thursdays to help give me a creative kick every now and then. Last weeks inspiration was the moon, and so this gave me a chance to get out my watercolours and give it a go! I'm not very good with paint, so I only gave it a tentative shot. Small steps will eventually lead to giant leaps! So yes, there is not much on the page, but I wanted to keep it lighthearted and fun. Hopefully with more practice my watercolours will develop.



I thought I'd also let you know how the ceramics class is going. I've managed to smooth my vase down now, and get the proper shape. If you remember from a previous post, I was unsure of what to carve into it once I got the chance. In honesty, I didn't even get enough spare time to give it any serious thought. So I went to the class prepared to leave it for another week, but when it actually came to it, I thought "Sod it!" and just went with it. This is the result.

I just let my hands do their own thing, lol. I've always loved very curvilinear designs, very organic and mesmerising. So these are just the initial strokes, next week I will be elaborating on them, adding more detail and designs. It's nice to be making it up as I go along, and using my own imagination rather than copying someone elses design. Feel free to let me know what you think of my recent artistic endeavors!

9 comments:

Edain 5 March 2009 at 13:33  

I have been thinking about getting back to water colours recently, I haven't done any in several years.

The vase is looking good, I love the elegant simple design so far.

Keep up the good work! :)

K.C. 5 March 2009 at 15:49  

This is lovely!

Hibiscus Moon 5 March 2009 at 17:03  

I think they are both very lovely. I love the curvy plant in the vase.

Celestite 5 March 2009 at 17:31  

I joined Creative Everyday to give myself a shove to get into watercolors. I haven't kept up like I wanted with the blog, but I am working on the watercolors.
Yours is better than mine!
I love how the ceramics class is coming.

sunnymama 5 March 2009 at 18:21  
This comment has been removed by the author.
sunnymama 5 March 2009 at 18:23  

Sorry about the last comment - not sure how to edit for missing words so here it is correctly :)

It's a lovely picture. I hope you carry on working with water colours.

Debra She Who Seeks 5 March 2009 at 20:36  

Both are fabulous! Sometimes less is definitely more, and both your pieces illustrate that truth.

Crafty Green Poet 6 March 2009 at 01:03  

I like your minimalist moon painting, very lovely.

laurel 7 April 2009 at 04:13  

Your watercolor is beautiful and I love the swirls on your vase. So far when I just try to draw a swirl it doesn't have the flow I want. Yours has a wonderful flow.

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I am a pagan, special needs teaching assistant, BA Hons Drawing graduate, artist, amateur tarot reader, half-welsh, big sister, eldest daughter, lover, volunteer, bookworm, intense dreamer, nature and animal lover, over-protective friend, ex-barmaid, fledgling activist and general eccentric. Nice to meet you =D.

Please sponsor me in raising money for War Child!

Followers

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.