Semi-finished vase!

So I've finally finished doing the carving on my vase. I'm quite happy with it and managed to stop myself from over doing it! I also think the mini-carving on the other side is quite cute! The next step is for it to be bisque fired, and then I can consider glazing it. Here's some pics.


So while the vase is being fired, I've started on a new project. I'm making a ceramic figure sculpture from a life drawing I drew at uni (when the life drawing classes were free, lol!). Very basic at the moment, just need to get the general shape first, and when it dries more I can begin to make it more detailed and less like a lump of clay! You can see a photocopy of my life drawing in the background.



That's all ceramics wise until Tuesday! See you then.

6 comments:

Idris 14 March 2009 at 08:19  

The vase is beautiful - look forward to seeing how the sculpture develops

Hibiscus Moon 14 March 2009 at 17:36  

progres, progress. They look great.

Suzi Smith 15 March 2009 at 10:34  

that sculpture is looking good already, & I love the drawing too! Another one looking forward to seeing it develop.

Edain 15 March 2009 at 19:04  

Both projects are looking great hun! Keep up the good work. :)

Anonymous 29 March 2009 at 02:47  

Oh wow hay, that vase looks amazing!

laurel 7 April 2009 at 04:09  

Beautiful work!

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
I am a pagan, special needs teaching assistant, BA Hons Drawing graduate, artist, amateur tarot reader, half-welsh, big sister, eldest daughter, lover, volunteer, bookworm, intense dreamer, nature and animal lover, over-protective friend, ex-barmaid, fledgling activist and general eccentric. Nice to meet you =D.

Please sponsor me in raising money for War Child!

Followers

Blog Archive

Creative Commons License
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence.